CONCEPTUAL MATH!! Most of you know that I homeschool my 4 children. Math is one of the most important subjects, in my mind. We all use math on a daily baiss, no matter what we are doing! My kids take part in each aspect of our day- from cooking, to shopping, to budgeting... because it helps them hone their math skills! When I come across a game or enrichment activity that makes their learning even more fun, I am thrilled!
I am absolutely ecstatic over the company Conceptual Math Media, because they have taken very important math principles, and created fun games that help to teach the concepts!
They are an AWARD WINNING company, with accolades from such groups as Dr. Toy, Parents Choice, 100 Best Childrens products of 1998, 10 Best Games of 1998, San Francisco Chronicle, Games Magazine, and Family Review Center!!!
Conceptual Math Media says, "Conceptual Math Media, Inc., is dedicated to the design and production of math games and math educational products that promote thinking. We want to make math fun for both the classroom and family. Our mission is to change the negative attitudes about math and eliminate the fear and ignorance of math that are so prevalent in our society."
Conceptual Math Media sent me two games to review:
"Have fun creating equations crossword style! Equate is a great math board game for family and classroom. Earn higher scores using division or fraction tiles and landing on premium board positions. For 2 to 4 players or teams. Many levels of play for ages 8 to adult."
"Six calling options make these math bingo games a great bargain! The caller chooses one of six options for calling a value. The options maximize flexibility by covering numerous topics. Each game includes 36 playing cards, 360 plastic markers, and over 50 calling cards. Also contains reproducible masters to help teachers assess the students and customize the game. Several versions available."
My kids truly love playing board games! When we are learning in the process, I don't feel the need to cut our playing time short so we can get back to our formal school subjects! Conceptual Math Media has allowed our family to enjoy some laid-back family time while working on our daily math.
I am giving away one Equate, and one Conceptual Bingo to a lucky reader of Mingle Over Mocha!
To enter, please do any or all of the following:
1. Comment below, with your email address
2. Visit the Conceptual Math Media site by clicking HERE, and leave a comment telling me what you love the most!
3. Subscribe to this blog (enter your email address in upper right corner), and comment that you do.
4. Follow this blog (in right hand column), and comment that you do.
5. Digg this post by clicking HERE!
6. Become a fan of this blog on Facebook by clicking HERE, and comment that you do.
7. Email this contest out to your friends, and copy me on it at firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Follow me on Twitter (vaagen) and ReTweet this: http://twitter.com/vaagen/statuses/6967346470. Comment below that you did, pasting your tweet! You can retweet this contest every day for extra entries!
9. Invite friends on Facebook to become a fan of Mingle Over Mocha on Networked blogs, and comment that you did!
The winner will be chosen by random drawing on http://www.random.org/integers/ on December 29th at 6pm. Good luck!
Thank you to Conceptual Math Media for donating the free math games for my review. I was not compensated monetarily for this review, or for any reviews or giveaways on my blog site. All reviews are provided after I receive a free or donated product from the publisher, manufacturer, or PR company. Reviews are written from an unbiased point of view. Only business relationships exist with those who provide products for review. The Author of Mingle Over Mocha is not responsible for your difference in opinion or happiness with this product, or your safety when using this product.