o2o

src="https://members.one2onenetwork.com/blogtracker/52c08354a02da3ea782e4875/dmluZXlhcmRjaGF0cy5jb20=/53441e07e89cc826187cef35" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" width="250" height="250">

Let's Chat!

Vineyard Chats is a blog created by the owner of Vineyard Farms and Vineyard Real Estate Group. Here, you will find product reviews for local and international items, and ways to give in your community and across the globe!

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Healing: The Extreme Makeover

Sometimes it takes “the angel of the 2x4” to smack me in the head with Truth.  I have never been one to understand subtleties.

My most recent Truth realization all started with my sweet 8 year old daughter being sick.  I thought she had a virus, but it looks like it’s a nasty UTI.  Either way, she has had a high fever for a week now, and I’m ready for her to be climbing the walls again (literally- she does that).

As you can probably imagine, I have been praying fervently for her healing.  I am so ready for the Hand of God to touch that sweet little girl and make her whole.  I can’t stand seeing her so pale, and with those huge dark circles around her eyes.

As I pray, I expect something to happen instantly.  I am almost discouraged when I reach over and feel her, and notice that her head is still warm.  I am so impatient- I need to work on waiting for God’s timing!  Yesterday, I thought she was feeling better, and I took her to a Doctor’s appointment I had scheduled for myself.  We found out the hard way that she was NOT well enough for this, and I ended up carrying her back to the car.

I couldn’t help but make the comparison between feeling physically ill, and having an ill heart.  We have a loving and patient Heavenly Father.  He has given us the freedom to make our own choices about our eternal future.  And sometimes we make the mental decision to follow Him, but we’re not spiritually “well” enough to do so.  We continue to go back to our old ways of doing things, we ignore the Holy Spirit’s nudges, we make all the wrong choices…  and often, we end up a few steps back from where we started to being with. 

We all have a history, we all have mistakes in our past.  But His blood is the eraser we all need, that allows us to start with a clean slate!  And when turning to follow our Maker, it is vital to pray for the spiritual healing we will need in order to make the journey He has planned for us!

I pray that your healing is whole, your eyes are on Him, and your journey is fruitful!

God bless you!

0 comments: